He and She concludes

“I do not intend to pain you anymore," she said looking into his eyes.

“I never thought to pain you ever and if my behaviour makes you sulk more, makes you more cocooned and reclusive, I think it is better that I no longer be a part of your life. You no longer need to worry about me. Just go and live your life, like the way you always wanted to. This should not change anything,” she continued.

“What about you?” he asked, concerned.

“Don’t feel guilty for me. Life is too small to live in guilt. I have found my path. I know where it leads to. No, I won’t lie. It would pain me, immensely. But it’s ok, as long as you are happy, I am happy too. Just promise me that you would be happy,” she said with tears brimming in her eyes.

But she amassed the courage to continue, “You know, some relations are never meant to be and this is one such. Wish it could have been.” That’s all she could say and left the restaurant knowing now there is no turning back.

Comments

Popular Posts